Updated by Agile Stacks
Login as as a user who is a member of the team "Admin".
Cloud menu and select
Cloud Accounts >
Select AWS for the cloud provider.
domain name for the cloud account. This Domain name will be used to generate DNS names, TLS certificates, and load balancers for all stacks deployed in this cloud account. For example, use your project name/cloud account name as domain name.
Add the cloud account details using one of the following methods:
- Linked Automatically
- The easiest way to onboard the cloud account, if you have Access Key and Secret Key. Your IAM user should have Admin level access to create the cross account role.
- AWS IAM Access Key: Access and Secret keys are used to create AWS IAM Cross Account role and for security reasons keys are not stored. You can delete access keys after using them to onboard the cloud account.
- AWS IAM Access Key: Access and Secret keys are used to create AWS IAM Cross Account role and for security reasons keys are not stored.
- Linked Manually
- An alternative way to onboard a cloud account if you have access to AWS Console but don't have access keys. Your IAM user should have Admin level access to create the cross account role.
- AWS IAM Cross Account Role: Access and Secret keys are not stored, an IAM role is created instead
- AWS Role ARN: AWS IAM Cross-Account Role from AWS Console via CloudFormation
- Additional Settings
- Default Region: select default AWS region and AWS zone for deployment of stacks. This setting can be changed at stack deployment time. Use it to recommend the cloud region for your stacks.
- Key Pair Name (optional): the name of EC2 key pair used to launch and connect to all ec2 instances in your AWS account. You can upload your own key pair via AWS console and provide the name of key pair in this field. This would allow you to connect to EC2 instances via ssh in a secure way. If you don't provide the key pair name, then Agile Stacks automation hub will create a key pair automatically in your AWS account. For more details about AWS ec2 key pairs please refer here
- Permissions allow to control what teams will be able to access or update this cloud account in AgileStacks Control Plane or Hub CLI
Recommendations for AWS service limits
If you are planning to deploy Kubernetes clusters, please increase AWS service limits based on the following recommendations. Use the EC2 Service Limits page in the Amazon EC2 console to view the current limits for resources, on a per-region basis.To request a limit increase, follow steps described in AWS EC2 Service Limit Increase.
Number of ACM Certificates
Each stack requires at least 1 VPC and 1 EC2 instance