Control Plane Tour
Amazon AWS Cloud Account
Google GCP Cloud Account
Microsoft Azure Account
Create an Environment
Create a Cloud Account
User and Team Management
Managing Users and Permissions
Install Hub CLI and Toolbox
Managing Your Cluster With AgileStacks
Introducing AgileStacks to Your Cluster
Autoscaling and Initial Scaling
Importing an upstream Kubernetes cluster
Import of OpenShift Cluster
Tagging Stack Templates and Instances
Deploying Clusters With AgileStacks
Deploying a Platform Stack to AWS
Templates and Components
Components, Templates and Stacks
Create a Custom Component
Create a Stack Template
Modifying a Stack
Access Stack Instance Components
Performance Monitoring and Alerting
Stacks Under the Hood - Manifests
CLI Command Reference
Installing the Hub CLI Tool
Managing Kubernetes in the CLI with kubectl
Toolbox - The CLI Swiss Army Knife
Authenticate to SuperHub
Create a Cloud Account
Hub CLI on Windows
Infrastructure Workflow - Deploy Kubernetes with Hub CLI
Infrastructure Workflow - Creating Stack Templates
Developer Workflow - Accelerated Development and Deployment on Kubernetes with Skaffold (101)
Machine Learning Workflow - Creating an ML Pipeline
Creating Components from Operators: Spark on Kubernetes
Creating Components from CloudFormation Templates: SageMaker Pipeline
Developer Workflow: Enable Stateful Applications on Kubernetes (201)
Updated by Michael Delzer
A stack template is a template describing how, and what exactly to deploy when the User creates a stack. It contains the User's components and their parameters.
To create a new Stack Template open
Create in a navigation bar of Agile Stacks control plane.
Fill in the form:
- Enter a name for the User's template, by which the User will be able to recognize it, for example, “CI/CD stack” for a template containing CI components, such as Jenkins and Spinnaker.
- Enter an optional description.
- Select components the User wants to have in the User's stack. Some of the components have parameters, make sure the User set them. To see the parameters of the User's selected component, point the mouse cursor to a top right corner of the User's components card and press a cog icon.
- Optionally add tags for the User's template to make it more easily identifiable
- Add teams the User wants to have access to the User's cloud account with the appropriate roles.
- Press “Save for later”
The User will be redirected to a screen with details of the User's template. On this screen, the User can notice a “Stack Template source code” section. Right after creating a new template source code is still being generated. Usually, this process takes less than a minute. When the source code is generated successfully the User will see a link to a GIT repository, where the source code of the User's template is accessible for modifications.
Now the User can create stacks using the User's template. If the User made any modification to the User's templates source code, they will also be included to the User's newly created stack.